For questions number 1 to 4, choose the best words to complete the passage!
My name is Alice. I ___1___ a sister, ___2___ name is Ann, and two brothers Joe and Philip. We have all hair and blue eyes, and we are all slim, except Joe. He is very fat. Ann is very pretty, and she has lots of boyfriends.
I look a bit like my father. I have ___3___ long nose and big mouth but I have my mother’s personality. Joe and Philip both look more like Mum.
We have two uncles and an aunt. Uncle George and Aunt Agnes have three young children. Uncle Edward is only thirteen, he ___4___ still a boy.
- a. has b. had c. have d. am e. are
- a. she b. her c. his d. he e. him
- a. she b. her c. his d. he e. him
- a. are b. were c. am d. was e. is
Read the text above to answer questions number 5 and 6!
- Who have a long nose and big mouth?
- Alice and her father d. Uncle George and his family
- Alice and her brothers e. Joe and Philip
- Kevin and uncle Edward
- “And we are all slim except Joe. He is fat.”
The underlined word has similar meaning to . . . .
- quite slim c. not bald e. quite tall
- very small d. not thin
- He often ________ his pen.
- Lose c. lost e. is losing
- Loses d. losing
- Andra : ______ you go to school by motorcycle?
Dani : No, I don’t.
- Is b. Does c. Are d. Do e. Did
- Julie : ______does your father drive the car?
Ananda : He drives 45 kilometer per hour.
- How high c. How far e. How long
- How fast d. How much
- He is going to telephone _______ five o’clock.
- on c. at e. of
- in d. for
- Mary is sitting ________her mother and her father.
- along c. among e. across
- between d. across
What does the notice mean?
- Do not throw rubbish in the room d. Do not safe the room
- Do not destroy everything in the room e. Do not sweep the room
- Do not keep everything in the room
- Maia : I saw you in the “BIG” Supermarket yesterday.
What did you buy there?
Meichan : Well. I ________soap, tooth paste and shampoo.
- buy c. was buying e. bought
- will buy d. is buying
- Arrange the following words into a good sentence.
on – train – we – evening – by – left – Solo – for - Saturday
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
a. 3- 6 – 8 – 7 – 5 – 2 – 1 – 9 – 4
b. 3 – 6 – 8 – 2 – 1 – 9 – 4 – 5 – 7
c. 3 – 6 – 8 – 7 – 1 – 9 – 4 – 5 – 2
d. 3 – 6 – 7 – 8 – 9 – 4 – 5 – 1 – 2
e. 3 – 6 – 7 – 8 – 4 – 9 – 5 – 1- 2
- Britney : Are you hungry, Luna?
Justin : No, but I’m ________ lets get some beverage.
Britney : Ok.
a. angry c. dizzy e. sleepy
b. stingy d. thirsty
- Find the sentence which has WRONG spelling!
- The people went to the field to play football.
- Acil likes milk whale Nisa doesn’t.
- The phone rang when she was sleeping.
- Ali is reading a newspaper while Ardian and Bardi are watching TV.
- Her mind was in whirl.
- Renald : Do you like wet season, Reagen?
Reagan : Of course, I like. I am a farmer.
The synonym of the bold word is _______.
- Autumn c. spring e. winter
- Rainy d. dry
- Mulan : There was an accident in this street yesterday.
Pinkan : How did it happen?
Mulan : a car hit a man when he was crossing the street ________.
- freely c. happily e. slowly
- lazily d. carelessly
- Minori : Which cap is yours?. This one or that one?
Takeshi : _______of them.
Minori : Are they?
Takeshi : Yes
a. Some c. both e. one
b. Each d. none
- Teacher : You’re late again. What happened this time?
Bobby : I overslept, Sir.
Teacher : ________ nobody woke you up?
Bobby : That’s right, Sir.
- But c. And e. However
- So d. nevertheless
- The followings are the way how to make a call.
1. Dial the number you want to call
2. Get the phone number from the book
3. Listen to the tone
4. Talk politely
a. 1 – 2- 3 – 4 c. 2 – 3 – 1 – 4 e. 1 – 3 – 2 - 4
b. 2 – 3 – 4 – 1 d. 2 – 1 – 3 - 4
- There are ______ books on the desk.
- any c. much e. an
- some d. a
- Is there ______ ink in that bottle?
- any c. much e. a lot of
- some d. many
- Dimas : “She is Luna Maya, ______ ?”
Heidy : “ You’re right. How beautiful she is!”
- does she c. is she e. hasn’t she
- doesn’t she d. isn’t she
- Aldi : “Coky wrote the short story, ______?”
Zyan : “Yes, he did.”
- did he c. does he e. isn’t he
- didn’t he d. doesn’t he
- Ms. Mega is in a florist.
Ms. Mega : “Hmmm ________! It’s nice and fragrant.
Florist : “Oh, that’s magnolia.”
Ms. Mega : “ Let me take a bunch.”
a. What is a beautiful flower d. What a beautiful flower is it
b. What flower is beautiful e. What is flower beautiful
c. What a beautiful flower it is
- Linda has five hundred rupiahs. Eva has two hundreds and fifty rupiahs. Anis has one hundreds rupiahs.
From the information above we can say, Linda has _______.
- much money than Eva d. much more money than all
- much more money than Anis e. least money of them
- less money than Anis
For question number 28-31, choose the best words t complete the passage!
The coach of the Indonesian basketball team calls a time out and instruct ___28___ players to change their strategy. He ___29___Jody to keep the ball as long as possible. Jody is good at dribbling the ball. His skill in controlling the ball is ___30___but he is not quite good at shooting. Togar is better at shooting and he is also the fastest player in the team. His only ___31___is that he is very thin and not very strong.